AdGear, part of Samsung Family is a digital advertising technology company that provides platforms and services for digital media innovators such as publishers, advertisers and media agencies.
AdGear is a fast growing company that employs 40 passionate digital marketing and technology experts and has offices in Montreal and Toronto.
We operate a full-stack advertising platform that enables our customers to innovate with formats, audience data, reporting, pricing, and distribution strategies.
Our clients include The Canadian Government, LaPresse+, belairdirect, Simons, Star Touch, Montreal Canadiens, V- Télé, Intact, CTV, Cossette, BleuBlancRouge, and many more.
Some of the Benefits working with us...
- 3 weeks annual leave
- 50% covered Medical Insurance
- Yoga in the office, fitness discounts, soccer and cycling groups, cards and board games in the office
- Company outings, company roasts and many more interesting things
- Samsung Employee discounts on all Samsung products
As a Ruby on Rails application developer, you will collaborate with our talented team of hackers and engineers in building the administrative front-ends of the AdGear advertising platform. AdGear advertising platform consist of two distinct Ruby on Rails applications working in tandem: Console and Trader. You will participate in the development of the next generation of functionality in both.
We are continuously developing and evolving our platform. We are constantly learning, improving our products and our processes - this requires not only a commitment to continued investment in product and development, but a team of passionate engineers who want to push the envelope and improve our software not just in its appearance, but also in its implementation behind the scenes.
- You have a track record of building new products and making existing products better
- You know the Ruby on Rails web application framework, and the Ruby programming language, and are proficient (or have worked with similar frameworks and are able and willing to pick it up quickly)
- You are familiar with the UNIX computing environment (our developers run either on Mac/OS X, Linux, or similar and our production environment is Linux)
- Experience with unit testing and acceptance testing. Software quality is critical in everything we ship, so we are obsessed with testing.
- Proven experience shipping code, with everything that that entails.
- A bonus if you have working experience with any of the following: Knockout.js, d3.js and SVG development in general, the ins and outs of the PostgreSQL RDBMS, Redis and Resque, and git SCM.
- A bonus if you've worked with and managed migrations from Rails 2/3 code bases.
How to apply
Send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org