We’re Dynamo, a digital design agency based in Montreal. We want to make an addition to our cozy and committed crew of coders. As a senior engineer, you’d work on challenging problems for our clients, provide leadership to the team, and help strengthen our culture of care and quality work.
You’ll wear a lot of hats: working with project-managers and business-development to develop worksheets for prospects; maintaining our cloud-based devops infrastructure; providing architectural and design insight into our projects; and writing robust, well-designed software that delivers great value and leaves future maintainers green with envy.
What we’re looking for:
- T-shaped web-development skills, with expertise in Ruby, Rails and the surrounding gem ecosystem;
- A passion for test-driven development and solid object-oriented design;
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, and experience mentoring junior developers;
- Comfort and confidence communicating with clients;
- Experience with e-commerce frameworks, particularly Spree and Solidus, is a huge plus;
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, especially Scrum or Kanban, would be cool;
- Experience with pair-programming would be neat, but not required.
What to expect:
- working in a wonderful team, each of whom care equally about the quality of their work and the well-being of their colleagues;
- working on cool products for a wide gamut of clients;
- a remote-friendly workplace—we have team members spotted across the globe;
- competitive salary and profit-sharing plan;
- comprehensive health benefits;
- an annual professional-development budget;
- catered lunches and myriad caffeination options.
If this sounds like your jam, send an email to [email protected] outlining your qualifications, and share a cool story with us: a nifty refactoring you executed; or a clever solution to a challenging problem; or even a tough situation that taught you a valuable lesson. Include the word “banana” in your email.