Bookwitty is looking for an experienced frontend developer to join our growing Montreal team and help create the best platform for book enthusiasts yet.
You will be working with a group of witty and passionate people to not only develop, but shape the architecture and future of a unique platform that allows people to connect, share knowledge and discover new ideas through books.
Some examples of projects you could be working on:
- Help formulate a long term vision for our project’s frontend engineering
- Transform new designs into fully integrated user interfaces
- Evaluate and implement a data binding framework
- Apply best practices to help keep pages maintainable, fast and responsive
- Collaborate with design teams to create compelling interactions
- Provide guidance to other team members
Some of the things you should have experience with or be ready to learn:
- Coding stellar HTML and CSS
- Using Git
- Having good knowledge of Ruby and Rails’ frontend stack
- Knowing your browser developer tools inside and out
- Upholding usability and accessibility best practices
Bonus skills include:
- Interest in cutting edge frontend technologies like ES6, Web Storage, IndexedDB and Service Workers
- Experience with two-way data binding frameworks
- Experience with deploying assets to CDNs
Bookwitty takes great care of its people.
We’ve just set up shop in a brand new Plateau office, minutes away from a metro station and next to more services, restaurants, gyms and pubs than we can keep count of.
Full-time employees benefit from full coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental and vision plan offerings. Work schedules are flexible so you can work remotely when it suits you. We also offer gym memberships and the occasional round of drinks.
Bookwitty is an exciting new project that is all about building a community platform, a combination of a factual database, user submissions, scoring, social media, and e-commerce. This platform is designed for people that love reading, and want to share ideas with each other. The unique platform we’re creating will let people connect, share knowledge and discover new ideas through books.
And thanks to our global network of book enthusiasts, bookstores, publishers and other professionals, this platform to deliver any book – even the most inaccessible – into the hands of people anywhere in the world, at a fair price.
The core of the development team is based in a brand new office in Montreal, right in the heart of the Plateau. Bookwitty’s parent company Keeward has offices in New York, San Francisco, Paris, Brussels, and Beirut.
> So what are you waiting for? Send us your C.V. today and join a dynamic, fun, young group of hard-working people!