Full-stack Ruby on Rails Teacher
Do you love what you do, and are looking to share your passion with others? Le Wagon is looking for full-stack Ruby on Rails teachers in Montréal.
About Le Wagon
Le Wagon is a two-month, full-time coding school that teaches entrepreneurs and creative people how to build their tech product from A to Z, including design, prototyping, coding, and deployment.
The startup, founded in Paris in 2013, is now present in 29 campuses across, Europe, South America, Asia, and Canada. In each city, Le Wagon teams have one goal: to provide an outstanding educational experience to their students. So far, over 3,800 students have graduated from Le Wagon worldwide.
- You have 3+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails
- You have a lean approach and like to code meaningful MVPs
- You have experience working in or with startups
- You’re very comfortable with git/GitHub and collaborative coding
- You love teaching code, have a dynamic personality, and are a natural leader
- You are comfortable with and you stay up-to-date in front-end development & design
- Familiarity with Slack is a plus
- Bilingual English and French is a plus
- For three to fives days a week, you’ll teach a class of around 16 to 24 students
- From 8:30 am to 10:00 am (1h30): You’ll give a lecture on a topic ranging from programming basics in
- Ruby, to HTML/CSS/JS, SQL/ActiveRecord, and Ruby on Rails. We will give you slides and videos to prepare.
- From 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (6h): You’ll help students with their coding challenges. Most of the time, students will work on their challenges autonomously, but when they need your help (be it an mysterious error or or a concept their struggling to understand) you’ll be there to give guidance, explanations, and insights.
- From 5:00 pm to 6pm (1h): You will lead a live-code session wherein the whole class will collaboratively solve a coding challenge
Here is a testimonial of a Paris teacher (now working for Intercom). It’ll give you an idea of what the job is like: https://medium.com/le-wagon/9-weeks-teaching-at-lewagon-new-entrepreneur-coding-school-in-paris-d72a3daae7c7
Let’s chat! Contact Martin Giannakopoulos, Le Wagon Montréal lead teacher & developer, [email protected]