Software Developer - Vigilant Global
As an active participant in capital markets worldwide, Vigilant Global combines new and emerging technologies with sound and forward thinking strategies. A strong focus on research and development has allowed the firm to expand in the rapidly changing environment of electronic markets. Vigilant Global is among the top employers in Montreal for 2016.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer in the Infrastructure Management Systems team. We work very closely with the network team to ensure round the clock uptime and optimization of one of the fastest global network in the world.
We continuously monitor the health of remote network devices to help network operators make swift decisions at critical moments by providing them with a suite of high performance dashboards and tools to visualize and control our global network. We adapt to the changing requirements by providing quick and frequent releases in our very fast-paced environment.
What will you do?
- Build web applications and scripts to monitor and control network equipment operating globally.
- Present big data in a user friendly interface.
- Provision and maintain remote sites and virtual machines.
- Interact with WebSocket to build real-time data monitoring websites.
- Participate in idea generation and research innovative solutions.
- Assist in the requirements engineering and analysis phase.
- Develop highly efficient and robust systems.
- Build extensive test suites to ensure proper software robustness and performance.
- Support existing software by making modifications as required.
- Release and deploy code continuously.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Some experience with one or more web application frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django/Flask, AngularJS).
- Experience with provisioning tools (Ansible, Chef) an asset.
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- New graduates welcome to apply.
Why you should join Vigilant Global?
- 3 weeks paid vacation starting the first year
- Benefits program starting on the first day
- We offer a bus pass, a parking pass or even a BIXI pass
- Gym membership
- We offer Breakfast, Lunch & snacks everyday
- Casual environment where you would work with passionate people
- And many more benefits you would love to discover!!!